This winter season has me in the winter blues. I miss watching sunsets, hiking, outdoor activity… Really, cabin fever is NO joke! 😉 And not just because it’s cold, but it has been SO rainy and gloomy in Virginia AND Florida. As I sat in my favorite coffee shop yesterday sipping on a warm cup of chai tea, it dawned on me when chatting away with my brother that I need to take a step back! Listening to Eric talk about his goals for the year reminded me of the years I was building my business. I’m not sure if I fell into the mindset that I was too busy to set goals, but I see how important it is! My winter goals became a to-do list of taxes, buy packaging supplies, etc. These are mundane tasks that are necessary to keep afloat, but these aren’t going to push and help me grow! I’m an entrepreneur who got into owning my own photography business because I had goals and dreams! I’m sad that I lost sight of that!! I’m grateful for challenging conversations with my brother to make me realize that I became too comfortable with my business.
Even though it’s March, it’s still not too late to set goals for the year! 🙂 In fact, I realized I didn’t take a moment to draw out a list last year, so it’s definitely time to step up my game!! One thing that got me really thinking about this was when my brother said he had a “word of the year” to remind himself to stay on track. It was a slap in my face when I realized that I had been doing that every year and I stopped after 2017… So let’s pick up the pieces where I left off!!
The Word of the Year
Every year, I have a one-word theme, which is great for remaining focused on my goals. I love seeing the progression of these words over the years!
I chose the word of the year to be rebuild because there’s going to be a lot of change in the near future. When there’s change, it calls for action! I’m so glad I took the time to chat with my brother yesterday and have a wakeup call! A lot is happening this year … a lot of CHANGE … and I need to make sure that I’m preparing myself, personally and professionally.
2019 Personal Goals
* MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
* Don’t let wedding planning drive me crazy!
* Bless others — This can be small or big. I’ll see where God uses me this year. 🙂
* Try to style my hair more // Floss every day // Take vitamins <= Things we should try to do every day. 😉
* Take control of my health lifestyle — Cliche, I know. But I include this goal every year!
* Dedicate at least one night a week to read.
* Don’t let Pinterest set unrealistic expectations!
* Set up a savings account with a high-interest rate 🙂 (Thanks, Alex!)* Get Ollie neutered … Almost happened yesterday until the clinic turned him away. Womp. Womp.
2019 Home Goals
* Share more home projects on the blog!!!
* Declutter my house (clothes, knick-knacks, books, etc.)
* Sell furniture
* Polish/stage my home to put on the market
* SELL MY HOUSE BY JULY!!! CRAZY.
* Move to Florida and settle (AH!!!)
2019 Business Goals
* Seek out new inspiration — Travel, attend network gatherings, etc.
* Book two more 2019 fall weddings to meet my goal!!!
* Book at least one 2019 Florida wedding around my Virginia wedding schedule
* Network with more Florida venues/vendors 🙂
* Taxes (typical and just about done)
* Set up a SEP-IRA account
* Clean/maintenance work on camera + equipment
* Redesign packages!!!!
* Purchase Packages Supplies
* Bride End of the Year Surveys
* Choose Favorite Images from 2018 (in the works!!)
* Update website with new photos
* Update Pricing Guide
* Update Preferred Vendor Team
* Redesign Bridal Magazine Design
* Send out Initial Gifts
It feels so good to have a list drawn out! 🙂 I hope this also inspires you that it doesn’t have to be January 1st or 2nd to make a list of goals/resolutions for the year!!