When I look back on the 2014 year, I see so much growth. I hope to continuously see growth through my years ahead in business because that’s an important aspect of being an entrepreneur. I look forward to seeing the growth of 2015 and where this year will take not just my business life, but personal life as well. 🙂 If you remember that 2013 was my transition year from working another job to getting laid off and being able to commit my full attention to my photography. What a BLESSING. I remember how miserable I was deep down inside because I knew if I were keep the high stress pace, my life was shortening. How selfish of me to put myself in that position to destroy my body like that and more importantly, God’s creation. 2014 was a MUCH better year because I came in with my full attention on my schedule dedicated to just one job, not two. I set goals for myself and I am a happier person! Looking forward to what the 2015 year brings. 🙂
* Photographed 33 weddings
* Prioritized my editing which allowed me to package and ship out weddings/sessions a week after I photographed the event!
* Photographed 44 engagement sessions and managed to do them Monday-Friday instead of managing them over the weekend after weddings … seriously, this was one of my biggest accomplishments! Finally taking control over my schedule! 🙂
* Photographed 27 lifestyle sessions ranging from family sessions to maternity to anniversary to senior portraits.
* Created / Designed my own personalized daily planner. Still use it today and LOVE IT!!!
* Refined my website … although, I will say that I am in the middle of “upscaling” my website at the moment and I cannot wait to share it with you all soon!
* Organized my office paperwork into binders … that deserves a little celebrating! 😉
* California Road Trip!!! 🙂 Best trip of the year!
* Wedding Wire Couple Choice Awards 2014!
* Saved enough money to pay off my 2013 taxes … that is worth celebrating because I was slapped in the face with the amount I owed. Don’t let that happen to you and absolutely do quarterly taxes! Quarterly taxes are saving me now. 🙂
* Published in Denim + Grace Magazine!
* Turned 26 … ohhhhh gosh. I’m not ready for 27 yet!
* 2 Year Anniversary of Stephanie Messick Photography!
* First Annual SMP Runaway Brides Foam Run!!! YAYYAY!
* Invested in an Ona Bag! Best camera bag investment! 🙂
* Went on vacation while my business was still running and I was able to turn off all technology at the beach!
* Pursuit 31 Conference!
* Started my new “upscale branding“. 🙂
* Sewed a tulle skirt and a sequin skirt. I love this time of the year!
* My siblings and I surprised our parents with redecorating their bedroom … blog post coming soon! Cannot WAIT to share the differences. 🙂
* Gathered my family for a family portrait for the first time in eleven years!
* My brides were featured on David Tutera, United with Love and Vows & Valor! So proud of them!!!
I pray that this year I can serve my couples up to the best expectations possible while balancing a healthy personal life. Cheers to 2015!!!!