We celebrated FOUR months with Jack last Friday!!! He’s growing up soooo fast — In fact, it’s about time for him to move into his crib! 🙁 I’m not sure how I feel about that … Because he’s growing so quickly, we had to swap out from our favorite Ollie Swaddle (he was too tall for it) and have him in a Halo transition sleep sack. He didn’t love it initially and would rock and roll all night long! It was soooo tiring! So we quickly transitioned to having both arms out, and since then, he sleeps soundly through the night. 🙂 Thank goodness!!! It was pretty rough at first. But now that he’s in a sack, he’s free to move his legs around too (he loveeeeesssss pooping at night so this is helpful). HA!
Overall, Jack is a very chill, easy-going baby! We are incredibly grateful for his flexibility and giving this new mama grace as we figure out this new life together!!! 🙂 Last Friday, we took him for his first flight, and he did SO great! I’m pretty sure he gave a few women baby fever after they couldn’t stop admiring him. Haha! And I soaked in all of the baby snuggles while he slept in my arms… I know that flights in the near future will not look like this, especially when he’s Mr. Independent. 😉 So I definitely took advantage of it during this season of his life!
THAT TIME WHEN…
Speaking of Jack’s poo… While I was in the waiting room at the doctor’s office last month, I had to nurse Jack in a pretty quiet room. For some reason, Jack wanted to work on a poo while he nursed … for those who can relate … he wasn’t very quiet about it. Haha! He ripped the loudest farts, which I knew made Alex proud when he heard the story, but it was so embarrassing! At least Jack had people in the waiting room laughing! I guess only babies can pull it off… 😉
Another quick story — We went to a friend’s surprise baby shower to only find out that Jack doesn’t love surprises. HAHA! He did great through the “SURPRISE!” as well as passed around the room … But once we got to the baby shower games (a LOT of startling noises), he tipped over the overstimulated stage … Talk about giving the new mama to be a scare of what the future looks like!!! HAHAHA!
THINGS ABOUT THIS SEASON
– The number of times we say, “He’s sooo cute!!”
– Not sure I love this one… but he LOVES pooping and letting out the most manly farts
– Enjoys tummy time wayyyyyy more than in his first two months!!
– Obsesssssed with his hands.
– Enjoys the sounds that come out of his mouth, especially when he blows raspberries!!!
– Doesn’t enjoy the bottle like he used to… So hopefully we will figure that out!
– Transitioned quickly from having both arms in the swaddle to both arms out and now sleeps through the night!
– He took a few daytime nap in his own nursery… But hopefully more in the near future as we start transitioning him to his own room… (insert crying face here)
– Loves looking at himself in the mirror and smiling!
– Makes the most dramatic yawning noise!
– He’s definitely a thumb sucker!!!
– We love to say that he has stinky toes and smell his feet — He cracks up every time! HA!
– Laughs and smiles a lot! 🙂 My favorite type of laugh is the squeal!!!
– Anticipates being tickled by smiling and tensing up!
– Recognizes us when we pass him around the room!
– Bath time has turned into all of the kicks and splashes!!! Haha!
– Enjoys the beach. <= a must here in Florida. 😉
– Jack does NOT like surprises or sneezes. HA!
– Attended his first church service on Easter Sunday!
– Lost so much hair but it’s now growing back and even fuller!
– Exploring rolling from back to tummy. 🙂
– He’s so proud of himself (grins SO big) when he presses firmly on the ground and stands up tall!
Happy Four Months, Jack!
Just like the book, Guess How Much I Love You… “I love you to the moon … and back!” <3